About Tourism Research Australia
Tourism Research Australia (TRA) is a branch within the Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism.
TRA provides targeted, reliable research on international and domestic travellers to help develop and promote Australia’s products and services.
TRA can provide assistance with:
- research and analysis from the International Visitor Survey (IVS) and National Visitor Survey (NVS), including the State of the Industry 2011 report, which assesses the current performance of the tourism industry and the emerging trends that will affect the industry
- key information about travellers, including demographics; expenditure; places visited; activities; accommodation; and transportation
- biannual forecasts of tourism activity for the next ten years, developed by TRA on behalf of the Tourism Forecasting Committee
- tourism business and employment data
- economic impact data
- regional expenditure data
- customised research at a regional level (Destination Visitor Surveys).
TRA also provides the Secretariat to the Tourism Research Advisory Board—one of the nine working groups established by the Tourism Ministers to implement the National Long-Term Tourism Strategy.
TRA offers a Statistical Enquiry Service, which provides specialised domestic and international research customised to your requirements based on International Visitor Survey and National Visitor Survey data.
Telephone and fax
Tel: +61 2 6243 7745
Fax: +61 2 6162 2561
51 Allara Street
Canberra ACT 2601
PO Box 1564
Canberra ACT 2301