About the steering group
The National Mine Safety Framework Steering Group is responsible for guiding the development and implementation of the National Mine Safety Framework (NMSF).
The group was established by the Ministerial Council on Mineral and Petroleum Resources in November 2005, and is chaired by the Hon Clive Brown, former Western Australian Minister for Trade and State Development.
The steering group is a tripartite group, and includes workforce, industry and state, territory and Australian Government representatives from the following organisations:
- Department of Natural Resources and Mines, Queensland
- Department of Primary Industries and Resources, South Australia
- SafeWork South Australia
- Trade and Investment, New South Wales
- Department of Mines and Petroleum, Western Australia
- Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism, Australian Government
- Department of Primary Industries, Victoria
- WorkSafe Victoria
- WorkSafe Northern Territory
- Workplace Standards Tasmania
- Minerals Council of Australia
- New South Wales Minerals Council
- Chamber of Minerals and Energy, Western Australia
- Queensland Resources Council
- Cement, Concrete and Aggregates Australia
- Australian Workers Union
- Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Safe Work Australia (observer)
How is RET involved?
The steering group is supported by the NMSF Secretariat, housed within the Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism (RET).
For more information about the National Mine Safety Framework Steering Group email firstname.lastname@example.org.