EEO Home | Contact
The Industry Guidelines (August 2011) [PDF, 4MB] for Energy Efficiency Opportunities are designed to provide businesses and their advisers with a plain English guide to meeting the requirements of the program.
The guidelines do not replace or modify any of the requirements in the Energy Efficiency Opportunities Act 2006 or associated Regulations.
Taking effect on 1 July 2008, the Energy Efficiency Opportunities Regulations 2006 were amended to better streamline energy data reporting requirements with the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) System. A supplement to the industry guidelines has been produced to help participating corporations understand the changes made to the Regulations. Industry Guidelines NGERS supplement - July 2008 [PDF, 309KB]
Contents of the guidelines
The guidelines cover the following areas:
- Introduction to the program
- Determining participation
- Registering for the program
- Preparing an assessment and reporting schedule
- Conducting assessments
- Reporting on assessments and business response
- Compliance and verification
- Supporting participation in the program
- Protecting corporate information
- Reviewing decisions
Appendices to the guidelines
- Conversion factors
- Example application for registration
- Example assessment and reporting schedule
- Nomination rules for partnerships and joint ventures
- Exemption of certain parts of the energy supply sector
- Examples of application of rules
- How to conduct representative assessments
- Example public report for LargeCorp
The former Department of Industry, Tourism and Resources developed the guidelines in consultation with large energy using corporations and industry representatives, and took into account advice from energy, legal, finance and communications professionals. The guidelines were first published in 2006 and reprinted in April 2008 with corrections.
Suggestions for printing the industry guidelines after download
The Industry Guidelines [PDF, 4MB] are designed to be printed on a colour printer. However, they are perfectly legible when printed in black and white. Double-sided printing is recommended.
If you are having trouble viewing links or finding information on the Energy Efficiency Opportunities program, phone the EEO Hotline on 1300 799 186.