About the Standing Council on Energy and Resources
The Council of Australian Governments’ (COAG) Standing Council on Energy and Resources (SCER) is responsible for pursuing priority issues of national significance in the energy and resources sectors and progressing the key reform elements of the former Ministerial Council on Mineral and Petroleum Resources and the Ministerial Council on Energy.
The standing council will:
- progress consistent upstream petroleum administration and regulation standards
- address issues affecting investment in resources exploration and development
- develop a nationally consistent approach to clean energy technology
- promote efficiency and investment in generation and networks
- build on Australia's resilience to energy supply shocks.
With the commencement of SCER, the remits of the Ministerial Council on Mineral and Petroleum Resources and the Ministerial Council on Energy have been withdrawn.
For more information about the Standing Council on Energy and Resources go to the SCER website.